Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Living Room Reveal

This room is 99% done. The remaining 1% comes with little changes that I make when I am bored and want something new and exciting. Like many of you out there, our family spend the most time in this room. It is where we watch movies, play games, cuddle, entertain, read, study, snooze, eat (only on special occasions), talk, argue and hug it out. To me the living room should receive the most love when it comes to design because it is indeed the room where most memories are made.

In our home, the living room sits adjacent to the kitchen. We also have a small patio and lots of windows with views of the amazing Pacific Ocean. Sticking with our beach house design our living room has that of a nautical theme. Enough babbling......  come on over and put your feet up....but please take your shoes off!

Not the best of photos. As you can see we get a lot of sunlight. These photos were taken around noon, should have waited till later in the day for picture taking but baby was asleep so Mama could not wait!

This Middle Eastern side table and coffee pot were purchased from my trip to Jerusalem. They make me feel warm and fuzzy giving me a daily reminder of my roots and background.

The coffee table below was the first piece of furniture purchased for the entire house! It was a must have and the inspiration to the whole rooms design. 

Adjacent to the sitting area is our amazing art piece that sits on top of our make shift fireplace; they call this piece the TV!

When we purchased our home this wall had floor to ceiling built ins. They were so overwhelming and had to go. The built in was so overwhelming that I wanted to make sure I stuck with a clean simple look. The hubby hung the TV and I ordered a makeshift fireplace. The thing really looks like it is a built in. It provides the look we were going for and even keeps us warm and cozy in the winter time. 

Matching chairs create symmetry besides the fireplace and TV

At least I tried to make these ugly boxes fit in!

The art on the walls:

A tribute to my love of bridges and Portland, OR.


This piece was also purchased from the Holy Land of Palestine. It is a verse from the Holy Quran.

Here is a look at the room when we first moved in:

Don't you love those plastic patio chairs! It was a hard decision substituting them for the wing back chair!!
And that overwhelming built in I mentioned:

Now I am off to lift my feet on that chaise and watch my self some Real Housewives of BH before the baby wakes up!


Big White Chair: Zgallerie
Coffee Table: Pottery Barn
Lamp: Pottery Barn
Accessories: Zgallerie
Fireplace: Sams Club
Two Side Chairs: Newport Beach Furniture

1 comment:

  1. That big white wingback chair is stunning! And I love your coffee table. It's a beautiful room!

    Thanks for linking up to the roomspiration party today!