Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DIY Orchid Arrangement

I love orchids. Who doesn't? People say orchids are easy to maintain, ya not always. For our master bathroom, I wanted a grand arrangement. I went shopping for a rustic weathered looking pot and I found one at my go to "pot place" a consignment shop that sells model home furniture. I scored some succulents from a local nursery and scrounged up some moss and shells from around the house. The orchids you ask?! Ya they are fake! I am not the biggest fan of silk flowers, however, these look really REAL...


Although the orchids are fake and will last forever, I still wanted some real-ness. For the little bit of realness I added some REAL succulents. Adding the live succulents fools people and my self into thinking (or imaging) that the orchids are live!


I am enjoying my arrangement very much. My Mom loved it so much that she asked me to make her one for her birthday. Hers sits nicely on her kitchen counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment